THE WORK OF THE LORD AND THE WORKERS OF THE LORD
Title: The Work of the Lord and the Workers of the Lord
Speaker: Dr. Benny M. Abante, Jr.
Text: Romans 16:1-12 (KJV)
Service: Sunday Evening Service
Date: October 09, 2016
Again and again and I believe this must be always emphasized: WE ARE SAVED TO SERVE! Not ourselves but the Lord and others. The Ekklesia is that institution that God gave to us so that we can serve the Lord together, much like the home. That is the reason why the Devil hates the true Ekklesia and because he cannot defeat her, he started and organized his own counterfeits. Pauline epistles were written to the Ekklesia from Romans to Thessalonians, others were written to pastors and believing Jews. It is my prayer that each one will himself involved and engrossed in his work.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who have a servant’s heart (vv.1-2). Verses 1 and 2 speak of a woman named Phe’be, a servant in the ekklesia and one who “hath been a succourer of many, and myself also.” A female guardian, a protectress caring for the affairs of others and aiding them with her resources [Strongs]. THEY DO NOT MIND SERVING.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who will give their lives – (vv. 3-4). THE LORD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THEIR LIVES.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who will make their homes available for God – (v.5). Remember that during those times, there were no buildings and members met only in houses. THEY WERE SOUL-WINNERS.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who labor in the Lord – (vv.6, 12). THEY WORK HARD GROWING WEARY AND TIRED FOR THE LORD.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who will yoke themselves with the man of God – (vv. 7, 21-23). THEY WILL WORK TOGETHER.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who are real and trusted friends of the Pastor – (vv.8-9). THEY WILL REMAIN LOYAL THROUGH THICK AND THIN.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who are called of God (v. 13). THEY ARE CHOSEN TO SERVE AND WILL BE THERE WHATEVER HAPPENS.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who are approved in Christ. (v.10). A WORKMAN WHOSE ONLY CREDENTIAL IS APPROVED IN CHRIST NOT IN THE WORLD.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who work for unity (vv. 17, 18). EACH ONE HOLDING EACH OTHER’S HAND FOR THE LORD.
- The work of the Lord needs workers who are obedient (v.19). THERE IS NO ROOM FOR REBELLION, STUBBORNNESS AND COVETOUSNESS.
What kind of workers are we? In the Judgment Seat, we will give an account not on the things we have done for ourselves, our family, our boss or company but what we have done for the Lord. That is why the Lord in speaking of His return gave the parable of the talents and the most important statement is: “Well done my good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21-23).