The Just Shall Live by Faith
Title: The Just Shall Live by Faith
Speaker: Dr. Benny M. Abante, Jr.
Passage: Romans 1:17-32 (KJV)
Service: Sunday Morning Service
Date: November 20, 2016
THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH
-Dr. Benny M. Abante, Jr.-
Preached during the Sunday Morning Jesus Saves Celebration on November 20, 2016, at the MBBE Sanctuary, Sta. Ana, Manila
Hebrews 11:1 gives us the definition of faith. Biblical faith constitutes two things:
1. Confidence ñ ìsubstance of things hoped for,î a belief that is real and true based on the Word of God;
2. Conviction ñ ìevidence of things not seen.î A proof by which a thing is proven and tested; not proven by the things we just see but proven by the truthfulness of Godís Word; the confidence and the conviction that God is there and that He declared Himself through His Word. Whatever His Word says, we believe. ìBlessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believedî (John 20:27-29).
1. The believersí walk is a continuing life of faith. Three (3) times the Word of God has emphasized this (v.17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38);
2. Men deliberately turned away from their faith in God. Using their finite mind for their own knowledge of God, they took away the joy of knowing God by faith (vv. 18-20);
3. God was not slack in revealing Himself to man but man resorted to his vain imagination for his belief in God, ìthinking they are wise, they became foolsî (vv. 21-22);
4. Rejecting the reality of Godís existence, they turned to the god of their own making; basing their belief on the god that they can see, handle and touch (vv.23-25). The difference between Biblical faith and human belief;
5. Human belief or believing in oneís self or material god, caused man to do abominable wickedness against God (vv.26-27);
6. Manís deification has led to rejecting any knowledge of God and doing all forms of unrighteousness (vv.28-31); and
7. Manís rejection of true faith does not mean he has no knowledge of Godís judgment. Man can only blame himself for what he does to himself (v.32).